My name is Artur Dogiel and I was conceived in Opole Poland in 1975, in 1988 when I was 13, I go over a guitar I could manage the cost of in a neighborhood showcase in the place where I grew up. It was a Russian make steel string, made of pressed wood with the jolt on neck and moderate way to deal with the propping, it was really a dreadful instrument.
It didn't take some time before I took out my dad instruments and began tinkering with it, and this is the means by which my guitar interest began. From that point forward, rather than playing, I wanted to fix them and building guitars was my fantasy.
(Lamentably in those days I couldn't bear the cost of luthier school to seek after my fantasy so I took a crack at school to learn bureau making).
In 2001 I chose to move to London to seek after a more promising time to come yet needed to learn English first. I started working in bars, some of which are best music settings, bars and Jazz clubs on the planet, so for a long time I had the benefit to watch and tune in to the best Jazz, Rock and Blues guitarist on the planet, this all kept the fantasy alive.
At last, I applied to South Thames College in London for guitar manufacture course and graduate in 2016 under the direction of Mike Hobbs.
I complete my first guitar following couple of months into the course which was a Dreadnought. From that point forward I never think back and from June 2015 I've my workshop where I give guitar administrations and repairers and where I manufacture my own structure acoustic and electric guitars close by surely understood models created to individual needs.
Every one of my guitars are carefully assembled with extraordinary thoughtfulness regarding the subtleties and produced using exceptionally chose tonewoods and parts.
Acoustic Guitar Setup £30 - £45 (excluding strings)
- Service includes cleaning and polishing frets, fretboard, saddle height, installing new strings, neck relief and string height at the nut if necessary plus general cleaning and polishing of the body. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - basic £25
- Adjusting strings height at nut, neck relief, action, intonation, string radius on the bridge, pickup. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - standard £45-£55 (excluding strings)
- Standard setup is a basic setup with addition of cleaning and polishing frets and rough fret ends, oiling and polishing fretboard with installation of new set of strings. 15% student discount
Electric guitar and bass setup - full £45-£55 (excluding strings)
- In addition to standard setup service full setup include shielding of pickup cavity where necessary, dismounting entire instrument cleaning and polishing every component. 15% student discount
Nut and saddle replacement £35
- Easy and reasonably cheap way to improve the tone and sustain of the guitar. Material available and included in the price are bone and TUSQ. Other option also available. 15% student discount
Re-frets and fret levelling from £35
- Addressing one or two frets £40, Levelling and re crowning all frets £70, Re-frets Unbound fingerboards £160, Bound fingerboards £180, Lacquered fingerboards £220. 15% student discount
Pickups upgrade and wiring £30 - £45 (excluding pickups)
- Price excludes pickups which could be provided, custom made or sourced from any manufacturer at cost price. Wiring services also available for quotes please contact me. 15% student discount
When ordering a Dogiel guitar you have an opportunity to take part in a journey of the creation of your unique instrument built to your own specification.
Contact me via e-mail or phone and I will be happy to assist and discuss your requirements.
A deposit of 25% is required on placing an order. From this point, your price is guaranteed and will not change before your instrument is ready. The remaining balance is payable upon completion of the guitar, which can then be collected or shipped to you within EU included in the price.
All my instruments are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship. This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the instrument. For the duration of my lifetime. If at any time my guitar malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or craftsmanship, I will repair or replace the instrument at my cost (exclude hardware which is under manufacture warranty).